what is it about fall...



That makes us all weak in the knees? All we can think about is how many things we can make with pumpkins, with a few being edible?

It is all very magical, happens every year. We go into fall mode as if on auto pilot. No other season affects us this way. Most of us go kicking and screaming into winter and summer and those who get spring, live on the right side of their brains constantly and can't be added into the equation.

Fall reminds those of us who will be affected in a few months, that it is going to get down and dirty. The Powers That Be are predicting a big snow season for us. While I cringe on the outside, a part of me is saying, That is a long ways away. Liar.

I couldn't wait to wear a sweater yet have not put my shorts away. The hot cocoa, tea and spiced cider is now available in my kitchen and I have been dabbling, with my sweater on. We did get our annual trip to the pumpkin patch minus one. The times they are a changing and I must change too. Kids grow up and life id different. This will be our second Halloween when we split up the night. Hope to get my T or T photo before we scatter.

Yet I find myself daily playing, pin the pumpkin on Pinterest. Looking forward to a month of gratitude starting on Nov 1. I need to be reminded daily, of what I have and remember to be oh so thankful for every Moment. Anne Lamott's new book, Stitches, came in the mail today. She started this book the day after Sandy Hook. She weaves a picture of when our lives go bad, and they will, how we start by making a stitch, see if it holds and then make another. Joining piece after piece until a patch is made. We are never the same again, all that talk about closure is bull. We carry our grief forever, all held together by the patch, that gets us through another day. Thank you Fall, for the reminder that all we have is all we need. When more is asked for, more is given. All in good time, all in good time...