Watching Eleanor Longden's, Ted piece on the voices in our heads, stirred up some feelings of pieces to the Me puzzle. While I have never heard audible voices, the sound of addiction is very similar. Anyone who has addiction issues can relate and, I am not talking about the perceived bad ones, but the ones that universally, rule our lives. I never thought about using the thoughts that say, Grab those cookies and keep eating. I never thought that voices could use their powers for good and were here to help, not hinder. She talks about really listening to what one is being told and see a deeper meaning. To think of the voices as warning or teaching, they have always been a negative to me. Not any more, I am going to start treating them with a bit of respect, and working toward what we all want, a healthy person who will continue to be human but can change and grow and heal. Wow.

Her Ted talk is well worth your time and might change your life, I feel it coming my way, can't wait to see what happens next...