quite the weekend...



and technically, it isn't over just yet. There is still today and tomorrow is Cyber Monday, the biggest Internet shopping day of the year.

While visions of sugarplums dance in our heads for the next 27 days or so, my thoughts have ran far ahead to January 2010. Can't say there is any special reason for it but I sure feel the pull that direction. After this weekend, maybe it simply has to do with a bit of rest.

With a birthday, anniversary, Thanksgiving and Black Friday - it is enough to put anyone over the edge. After a wonderful anniversary dinner of well, Thanksgiving, a pack of us headed to the movies to see Old Dogs. Then home for a few hours of sleep and out at 4AM to trip the light fantastic. 12 hours later, we were done. The BSU football game started at 8PM and after a quick nap - I powered up and stayed with them until the very end, around 1230 AM. Heard that Keaton hit his bed about 600PM that night and didn't get up until after 9AM the next morning. WOW.

DH and I spent yesterday together because when you spend your anniversary with about 20 people, you need to make it up somewhere. Had a great day yesterday and saw The Blindside. Great movie and you don't have to love football to love this movie. Yes, indeed - I might just have found me a new hero.

I woke up this morning and thanked God for this weekend. A long time friend of mine lost her short, intense battle with cancer last Sunday. Her birthday was on Thanksgiving. How hard it must have been for them with just losing their daughter/sister a few months ago. At her daughter's funeral, she told me she wasn't going to seek any treatment. She wanted to go be with her daughter who had suffered with cancer for a long, long time. Imagine that.

It has been a whirlwind of emotions too. So many Birthday wishes and gestures of love, almost too much. Three little people, balloons, cupcakes from ColdStone creamery showed up at my front door on Wednesday. They also brought a lot of Love with them. Quite a weekend? Yes indeed. Never do I forget, I am a lucky girl...