Redbox...



Rent Date: 11/25/2009 1:44:18 PM
Return Date: 11/26/2009 3:19:08 PM
Total Nights: 1
Return Location: McDonalds 4412 Garrity Blvd Nampa, ID 83687-3142


It was last Wednesday afternoon and since I didn't have a houseful of people coming for Thanksgiving and it was my birthday, I headed down to Albertson where my Redbox is located, to pick up 2 movies I had reserved. Albertson's is the Redbox hot spot Three in a row, Machines A B and C, Usually, no line or much waiting. I had mine reserved at Machine A and lucky for me, that was the only one without a long line. I hit the button to bring up my account and because of some unknown glitch, I had three movies. 2 were the same movie and while I could have canceled the order and maybe got them again, I didn't. The police officer next to me was trying to get the saem two movies I was.

I told him, Here take this extra one, I know where to find you if you don't bring it back. His wife had sent him down with one of those free codes but it wasn't working. He asked me if I was sure and thanked me profusely.

I didn't turn my computer on until Saturday - hadn't been home in a couple of days from all the heavy hitter weekend warrior stuff and there it was in my email. $ Christmas was returned at MacDonalds on Garrity Blvd. I knew it would fine and if it wasn't, Redbox only goes to $25 and then you own it, whether you want to or not.

Would I have given the movie to anyone who had been standing next to me in line on that day before Thanksgiving? I would love to say yes but the truth is, the uniform and radio made me feel pretty safe. Later as I have come to think more about it, I need to take that $25 dollar chance on someone not in uniform. I need to take a risk or chance on someone else. Someone who comes with no built in guarantee perceived guarantee. Looks like 2010 might be an new year with new things to try. Looking forward to it...