Spring 2.0...



Around these parts, it is the last week of school. The unofficial season of summer, starts now. Down the road, the kids have a few more days, one has school into June. It is tougher to pay attention when the sun is shining and begging for us to come out and play. It has been a long winter for every part of the country and we are tired of being weary. Dead tired.

Had my first meeting with my new little mentor today. She is a doll and I already love her. Her step father is not allowing any photos of her to be taken so I can only tell you, she is a red haired beauty. Smart, funny and full of questions. I told her I might now always have answers but will do my best. That is the most anyone can ask of anyone. I do have 53 years on her. Have seen a few things, and so is she. She was captivated by the orderly folders on my iPad. Something I never would have thought of. She wants me to show her how. We had met briefly last week and I would have given you a 50/50 chance that she was not interested in having a mentor. Today. I got the feeling she wanted to adopt me. She knows what she is getting herself into, there will be no sugar coating with this kid. She is miles ahead of where she should be but life is like that. Some of us have to grow up faster to survive. She is most definitely, a survivor.

Going to walk in the sun today and glow in all that is right and good. Thank you Spring for not being summer. You have so much to share and I have so much to learn. Baby steps, always about baby steps...