Deep Fried Snickers...



Any sane person would understand that this is wrong on so many levels. Yet, here we are. One could say, Just because they make it, doesn't mean we have to buy it. Really, Really?

This screams out to most of us on a level that is hard to explain. Read today that all addictions, start with habits. Insightful. The same can be said of the good choices we make in our lives but Sometimes, they seem like we have less of them and they are spread farther, apart.

The boys bought these at Arts In The Park. They offered to share, I quickly declined. Not because I was put off by the whole idea of a candy bar that has been dipped in the same oil pond as the french fries, nor did the idea of a gizzlion calories, stop me. I know that one bite and we would be buying more. A few minutes later, I would decide that Something Sugary was a good idea and make the choice to buy and consume.

What was the difference? What made me pass one up but turn around and make a different choice? If I could figure that out and bottle it, I would be a rich woman. We are each a mess of crazy, bringing our family histories with us, wherever we go. We are human and that means, hard to understand and impossible to figure out.

Still, I could have chose to partake of both. That common sense I carry around served me will for a bit. Will be mowing the lawn later, and mowing fast...