the act of being...



Most of us aren't good at being, us. We powder, dab, rearrange and coverup the reality of who we are.

It is exhausting...To constantly be in the Spanx of life. To be pulled, prodded, only to find out that too much of a good thing, is still too much. We go and go and go and then wonder why we are so tuckered out. Family, work, friends, social media...it never stops and neither do we. It has become a way of life that is hard to stop. At my house, we remind ourselves daily, that we are now on vacation. If we need to be Somewhere at a certain time, we are but the rest of the time, we are purposing to run on vacation time. Nowhere to be and no need to hurry.

The Mall... there is a natural rhythm of the flow of traffic. On weekends, the pace is a bit more brisk and one tends to want to stay the course. Some decided again that. They do not run on Mall Time, they run on their time. What they need, when they need it. I couldn't help noticing my new friend on Saturday. Don't know how long he had been there or asleep but I grabbed my camera and caught him at what I would refer to as his finest hour. The tea lady in the background watched me with a big smile. As I put my camera back in my purse, I heard her say to a customer, Look at his wife, she has a great sense of humor. Got back in the Flow and off to the next adventure. Just the way it should be...