men and socks...



I didn't pack his suitcase for the weekend, didn't even look to see what he brought. However, I will confess, I would have encouraged and brow beat him into leaving his Old Man, Florida socks at home and taking his ankle socks, that he always wears, instead. I thought it was a given, short socks, short pants, Long socks, long pants.

When I took this shot, I noticed the socks. Usually, the kids comment but they must have been as distracted. Believe me, they don't miss an opportunity to point out Pop's fashion choices. Later in the day, when he changed his shirt in front of God and the kids, without missing a beat, Gage said, Ok, no more chocolate.

After we got home, I asked him what he was thinking with the socks. Didn't have much of an answer but you know what, this photo would not have had the same effect on me with short socks. We think we know what we want but Sometimes, Life knows better...