smile, you're on candid camera...



So I am waiting in the church parking lot for Brandi and Miss M. While mommy is at bible study, Miss M and I are going to spend a few hours shopping for shoes and babies dolls, both of which make her clap and squeal with delight at their mere mention. A lady pulls up next to me, grabs her stuff and heads into the church. I look over and see Lampshade Dog who finally settles in for a couple hours of alone time. Not to worry, it is a cold day and he appeared to be doing fine.

A few years ago, I decided it was just a good idea to carry a camera along. I have got some great impromtu shots of my gKids. I have only been asked a few times to not to take photos and I can live with that. There is usually a little sweet feeling when I grab my camera bag purse and whip that baby out. The feeling usually means a great shot is at hand. A new memory to be made. My new favorite.

At the park on 911 to take the shot of Miss M and Gage.
Last weekend as the kids headed for the playground.
Pulling off the road at sunset and taking that shot before its gone.

It's a different world, we have to think differently about things we have done a certain way forever. Cameras are now a part of our everyday lives. Everytime you head to a shopping mall or store, you have a better than great possibility of being videotaped while you are there, from the time you pull into the parking lot until the time you leave.

Creativity brings its own sense of good and bad with it. The digital camera has revolutionized the way we do business. Cruise YouTube or MySpace and you will see what I mean. We have to accept it all - we can't pick and choose how to use technology. Catching bad guys has been an unexpected benefit of technology and for me, the trade off is well worth any inconvenience to me. And besides, the world is a better place with a little photo of Lampshade Dog ...