unconditional Love ...




My daughter had a play date with a friend of hers last week and they got on the subject of her friend's mother who died last year. She has the same eating disorder that I have and she choked to death in the middle of the night. Her husband didn't hear her and found her the next morning. So, naturally, Brandi and I reviewed how careful I need to be. Steve is gone alot so by default, I am by myself quite a bit and am aware of the need to be aware. I can imagine what that family went thru. Annabel was Keaton's classmate last year and her mommy decided she could go to her grandma's funeral - they were very close. How difficult for a daughter to make that call.

Apparently there are some surgeries available now. Not sure of the details and I am not interested. I am not skinny so obviously, I am doing fine. I will not put my families finances in jeopardy to eat a cheeseburger again.

Keaton heard his mommy telling his daddy the whole story and he decided he wanted to get enough money to fix nana's throat so she could eat what we eat, and then, buy me a house next door to him. As Brandi told me what he said, I got weepy. Unconditional Love will do that to you.

So, yesterday I am telling my sister the Keaton Story and she whips out her wallet. It's not about the money or surgery - its about the Love.

To be surrounded by this kind of Love is the gift.
To be surrounded by this kind of Love is life changing.
To be surrounded by this kind of Love is the cheeseburger.

When told at Children's Church that God Loved him more than his parents, it made Keaton cry. He couldn't comprehend it and it made him sad. I don't think kids can comprehend it. Most Big people can't but for me, the love of these just lights the way for the Unconditional Love of Jesus. Maybe someday, I can give them what they have giving me. A sense of being overwhelmed by Love. Now that's something, I can't live without...