muscles...



I imagine myself to be like a girl Superman. I have practiced taking down Bad Guys, with a single bound. The ne time I needed to, paid off nicely. I did everything right, didn't panic. While there was no physical take down, and the perp was elderly and, clearly have a kid's sheriff's badge, he threathened my family we didn't take the bait. We got his license number, refused to get out of the car when he was screaming at us in the middle of the road and while he sped away, thinking he had gotten away with his little deal, the cops went knocking at his door a few minutes later and it was only a technicality that he didn't go to jail.

My superpowers worked even without the cape. I keep thinking about the cape, and getting one. seriously. Not to make all the BG aware of who the are messing with but as a physical reminder to me of how strong I am. How brave, how territorial... Don't screw with the girl in the cape, choose someone else. Someone easier to take down. My husband would argue that I am scary enough without a cape and feels sorry for everyone who comes across my path, that I see as a threat.

And then there are those days when I realize I am only as strong as my wifi signal. Humbled, I remember where my strength comes from...