December kind of people...

...

Dec 26, kind of people. Now that we have crossed over into January, it is more apparent. Gone are the feel good vibes we had even on Christmas. Helping people seemed to be a natural out pouring in December, yet the minute the packages are all open, in an instant, we switch back to pre holiday mode.
People are still hungry, unemployed and can't pay the heat bill. My theory is that it is a lot more fun to buy presents for those who find themselves in want. Makes us feel good about ourselves yet the Moment that invisible switch goes off, we are done. The red kettles are gone and so is our charity spirit. I want to bring December into my life this January, and February and all through the year. I want to be open to the things I can do, big or small. The ones that are sent my way. I want that red kettle to be a sign that caring is just not for December. I want to be December kind of people, every day...