the green quarter...


First time away from home for more than a sleepover. Church camp.

If you have never been and I have not, have only lived vicariously through my child, seems to be an oxymoron. The books that could be written about what goes on. The near misses that parents never know about. Have been to family camp and that was racy enough for me. Remember one year, when our friend lost it with the teen boys because he was in the cabin right next to theirs - He went in in his underwear and yelled a bit. His teenage daughter was mortified, some things you can't take back.

But that will never happen this week. That was 3o years ago and we are a kinder, more PC culture. I did however hear some Stories about Man Camp a few weeks ago that make we wonder...

We have our standby orders from Momma. We could be heading up to Cascade any time in the next four days. She said something about going incognito, but we would be too easy to spot even with our mustache and glasses disguise. It would never work.

The green quarter. He didn't need snacks or a new journal so got the idea to get a quarter and color it with a neon green marker. When I gave it to him, I told him it was to remind him that Papa and I were thinking of him. Praying that he would have a good time and if a little homesickness came his way, he was not alone.

He hasn't called or texted. That is either a good sign or his phone won't work. I praying that he is just too busy to miss all of us...