Downton Abbey...



I am late to the DA bandwagon. Not just late but have been actively fighting it for almost 3 seasons. My friend that recommended it also recommended So You Think You Can Dance and that didn't turn out too well. I have a band of friends that love the English and their culture. Keaton loves Mr Bean. I feel the same way about Mr Bean and Pride and Prejudice, let's just say, not my cup of tea. Downton Abbey had me within the first 5 minutes.

Suffice it to say in that the last couple weeks, DH and I have given up days, to make it through Seasons 1-3. I must now wait for almost a year to find out what happens next. I already know that it will start 4 months after Matthew's death, Mary will have made some progress in her grief - the rest is unknown.

Not sure why certain TV shows grip us so intensely. Why their Stories become ours, or at least we care about them more that some of the Stories of our own. Last week, I found some relatives I haven'nt heard from in a long time on Facebook. While I am excited to hear some of their Stories, I am at the Moment, more vested in the servants and household of DA. Some families are close, others aren't. It is just the way it is.

So I will live my life for the next year knowing that if the Real Person of Matthew wanted to, he would still be in the Story and would not have to have been killed off. It was by his own hand, hope he can live with that.

As for me, one of my life's mottos is, Never Say Never. You never know where your heart will wander and want to attach itself. You best be prepared...