Lent...



This is my first year, participating in the tradition of Lent. Having watched others and learned from their experience, it was my time. The what to give up, came quickly and there was no mistake about what it should be. It wouldn't make sense if told you but suffice it to say, it is my way.

I look forward to the focus of the Lenten season. Never having any formal training, and not looking for any - the concept is easy enough that I can make it my own. To make it meaningful. To remember why. We human don't have the greatest of memories, look at our own timelines and that will be apparent to even the smartest of us. Any given day, we are pulled in many different directions and some days, focus is nowhere to be found.

Whatever my experience, it will remind me of what I have. My hope is that I will gleam a bit more of the meaning of gratitude. That I will not take my everyday life for granted. That I will love Mondays as much as Fridays. Our days are not promised and should be cherished.

So, here is to another adventure. God is so good. Got word that Brianna did get to go home from the hospital today. Over 6 months, she has not been home. Funny, that she would go home today. The Divine at work, I think so. I really do...