keep your eyes on the ball...



Even when one is keeping their eyes on the ball, even then, you don't always catch it. We tell ourselves, You should have got that one or worse. What if the prize was not actually catching the ball but being present, keeping the eyes on the ball?

I realize that kind of logic wouldn't work in a basketball game, but rather Real Life. I also know that a basketball game is only an hour long. Whether we make the shot or not, just being aware that the ball is around and may be coming our way, should be victory enough. Sure I cheer when she makes a basket but as I watch her defend her player, I am more aware of her than at any other time. The ball in the basket only lasts a few seconds. Watch her run up and down that court, following that ball where every it goes, for the better part of an hour, now thats...a game...