50% off...



Had to run into Walmart on the 4th and as I grabbed my needed items, the manager comes on over the loud speaker and proclaims that for the next few minutes, lounge chairs would be reduced from $55 down to $15. I had been waiting for the markdowns to start but thought I had at least 3 weeks to go. Today, Target's outdoor furniture was all marked down 50% and there was little left. In less than 10 days after summer officially starts, we are already in the 50% summer markdown and on to fall. The school supplies are already out, looks like have about a month to refill my pens and paper before the Halloween candy is out.

No wonder we are obsessed in our lives. We are a 50% world, living on the edge all the time. Summer is for thinking, dreaming, enjoying the warm sun. There is no time for Thanksgiving centerpieces and Christmas decorations. It is up to oneself to protect brain from this kind of overload. While I did cruise the school section just to see... I did not buy anything. Will I hold firm? Would like to say I would but I am under no illusion as to my weaknesses. I made myself a promise to use my powers for good and am trying desperately to stick to it, for myself if for no other reason. To prove a point. I do this often, part of the fun of living in Me Land.

So I am going to enjoy my $15 lounge chair, prop my feet up, grab my iPad and live summer like no body's business. I might not have all the answers but I have the ones I need for right now and that my friend, is huge...