campless...



So Mommy and Gage left Monday afternoon and the rest of us had to fend for ourselves until Friday afternoon. There was some prearranged time where we had tutoring and swimming lessons but the rest of the time, we were free to fend for ourselves. You might imagine that it would be hard to temper time with a 8 and 14 year old but surprisingly enough, it was a non issue.

We hit the snocone and ice cream establishments, as needed. I was not responsible for 2 of the 3 ice creams portions on Wednesday. We tried to stay cool and out of trouble, both had their own issues but in the end, it was a wonderful week. Did it look like their regular week, of course not. Whenever you add or subtract people from any given situation, the whole view changes and we must change with it. We each gave 100% and it could not have gone better. I got to cook, they got to eat. Everyone did their chores and then some. There was kindness and sarcasm, at every turn. I got to see their personalities as they are growing into their own persons. I loved every minute of it.

I am always a bit misty for a day after one of these weeks. Tired but a good tired, life will slow down again and I will be ready to go another round. They are wonderful little creatures and I miss them so...Suck it up, Nancy...you know who you are...