The giving tree...



Pray for Anthony, said the tag that was handed to me by my girl. We were at the Christmas Giving tree at her church, where you pick an item to gift someone for Christmas. Her husband had seen it, gave it to her and she handed it directly to me. Is this for me?, I asked. Yes, she said.

Pray for Anthony was the Christmas request. Nothing else. No toy, lotion, bathrobe or book. Just pray. I know why my girl gave it to me, who has more time than I? Not many.

Then, I took a glance at the tree. About a foot from the top, no other tags around it and seeming to have a halo-like glow, was my ornament. Cleaning supplies, it said. There is was all by itself, no completion what so ever. In the midst of Target gift cards, and tires was this one. This was the last week to take an ornament, yet this one was still there. Not the most exciting gift to give but for whatever reason, it seemed to be waiting.

I now have a Christmas bag, filled with cleaners, cloths and sponges, ready to go. oh, and a bucket. Everybody needs a bucket.

Merry Christmas F#2, may your days be merry and bright this year...