back from the dead...




I haven't been this sick in years but when I felt it coming on last Sunday, I knew It was what Brandi and her MIL had and I knew it would be bad but my biggest fear was having all three matriarchs of our family down at the same time. With the big out of town football game trip coming it, it would make it an even more interesting time. With Grandma Sue down, it would be Brandi's hubby heading out of town with his dad and brother for the game and Brandi the kids and sick nana entertaining each other.
One of the benefits of not being able to raise one's head off the couch is alot of personal TV time. There was not a piece of news that I wasn't overly knowledge-able about. From the mental ups and downs of Larry Craig, restroom enthusiast ( per Jay Leno) to the deaths of Luciano Pavarotti and my beloved author, Madeleine L'Engle, the TV was a great diversion. We don't' know for sure yet but looks like we all had Crypto, a water borne illness that is extremely contagious. Two of us went to the doctor and one of us was sent to the Health Dept for tests to prove what we already know - this wasn't the flu or at least any flu we had ever met before.
I spent many hours in prayer. Many hours thinking about all the people I know and how I know them. Why our paths crossed and what our time together would be. I raised each one up to Jesus for a big hug and prayed for each one to be overwhelmed by His love. Whatever else God is, He is a great listener and He will sit and hold you hand, whenever you need it.There is a sort of freedom in knowing you have nowhere to go and your mind can follow.
Today is better. I am up and moving. Looks like I have another week of feeling the way I do and not being to eat much but I can live with that. DH was a wonderful wife and is ready for me to cook again. He may get his wish soon. Glad to be back among the living...