free hugs...



I am not a hugger if I don't know you. Don't touch me is my motto. Maybe it is my upbringing or fear of where we have gone as a people. If I know you, I am a hugging machine but a stranger...not so much.

I am not proud of my reaction. It reminds me that my cynicism is alive and well. As this video began, I found myself flinching - not able to even imagine holding that sign. Reminds me of when CCC started and PJ asked for help knocking on doors and handing out flyers for the church. Stats say most of us would rather die than do any kind of public speaking. Saying that, I believe that my reluctance and distrust is a serious roadblock in my spiritual life. I can't explain it but I know it to be true, just like I know that the sky is blue. Not talking about hugging every stranger that comes my way but the consideration of sharing the Love, I know to be true.

Ok, this is what I an going to do - if I see someone holding a Free Hugs sign - I will step up to the plate and hug away. Didn't check to see where these guys are and if they have a local chapter in my town. Great - I will probably wind up heading up the exploratory committee for Free Hugs/Idaho Style.

I had tears in my eyes as I finished the video. Funny what moves you. Anything that makes us a better people - count me in. I can sure use more than my fair share...