kindness...



Kindness and compassion are natural talents which I do not possess. You either have them or you have to learn to the best of your ability, how to develop them. That is one lesson that I have never been successful at. There may be a few who would be kind and say I am nicer than I think. My type of kindness wouldn't be taught in any classroom but I am doing the best that I can.

Keaton, on the other hand, is a natural. He can't help it. He is very aware of his feelings. Friday, he was given the first citizenship award of the year by his third grade teacher. She caught on very quickly to what his kindergarten, first grade and second grade teachers have already honored him with - this is one nice kid.

It's like watching someone who has natural musical talent - you know you don't have it but being around those who do, makes things seem more possible. You see God in a different light and can appreciate it by living through someone else. It is a great lesson, in a positive way, that life is not fair.

I have said before and believe it even more now, I would rather he win the citizenship award than the academic award. Hands down - anyone can achieve the ABC's and 123's, if they want to put some effort into it. Me for example, I cheated in math all thru fifth grade because my math teacher was also the home economics teacher and he made killer brownies. The first seat and brownies were for the top scorer every week and I made sure I always had that first seat. So much for kindness and compassion.

We went to his assembly on Friday - our family took up a whole table. The fam is big on supporting the kids for just about anything. To be Loved is the greatest thing we can give our kids, whether big or small. The second half of my life has been to learn how to love and to do that, God has richly graced me with these wonderful people in my life who make it so easy to learn. Keaton, I love you more than you will ever know - thank you for teaching nana, to be soft. You are my Hero...