family, part 2


I had to mull this family thing over for a second day. As I wrote yesterday's post, it didn't dawn on me until later in the day how powerful and long lasting those everyday family decisions we all make really are. It made me think back to when I was raising my girl - I wish I knew then what I know now.

On her blog today, P talked about the health crisis of her mother, how it made her realize that she wanted to finish her degree and how she wanted her mother to be at her graduation. She is following in her mom's footsteps - her mom is fine now but it made her aware that she doesn't have forever. She is registered to start school in January and finish what she started years ago.

Not all family stories have a happily ever after ending. I have thought alot about OJ Simpson's kids the last few days. They have been through more than any child should ever have to endure. What in the world would be your point of reference? What would security look like for someone like this? How would you find your way?

And yet, Jesus says that the family is second to Him. Sometimes that is tough to accept. When I look at my family, I can't imagine anyone loving them more than me but God isn't anyone and I will gladly come in second. All I need to worry about is they know they have all I have got and that God has so much more for them. Not a bad duo to have on your side...