refreshed...



When I wrote the last post, I had no plan to take some time off before I started typing. Two hours after that post, it became very apparent that taking this time off was not my idea and that I was in for quite a ride.

It started with a video that I have had for over 6 months but never watched. IMHO, everyone should watch Rob Bell's, Everything is Spiritual. I have seen it four times and plan to watch it again. I was in the middle of watching it when I got a phone call asking for prayer. I don't think it was a coincidence.

There were 2 deaths during the week, one was my internet friend Baldy. Someone I had never met but became part of his Story. The other was a friend of over 35 years. I knew she had been ill and while I haven't seen her in a long while, our last conversation revolved around both of us becoming Jesus believers and how amazing that was. We both shared the same babysitter many years ago, her son and my girl. We worked swing shift and would drop our babies at the kind, older woman's house and pick them up at midnite. One night, we knocked and knocked at the baby sitter's door and she didn't answer. We tried the front door and it was unlocked - a vodka bottle on the coffee table, a passed out babysitter and both of our kids awake. We grabbed our babies and ran out. The baby sitter called the next morning and begged for a second chance and as you can imagine, that didn't happen.

I didn't know I would need this time to rest, just rest. As Rob Bell, pointed out - even God ended His week in Genesis with rest. I tried to limit my creativity - to just stop and rest. It was tough and I did stop until this picture of Morgan on Friday. With a wedding reception on Saturday, there were more pictures. Hard to sit on these and not play.

School started Monday. Keaton was ready to us to let him go into his class himself. He is turning into such a big boy. Gage was a little apprehensive about Kindergarten but went back again today. Months ago, we bought tickets to a Bill Gaither concert which turned on to be, on the first day of school. Keaton, Aunt Bebe and I went several years ago and made a pact that if BG came back, we would all go. We added Grandma S and mommy to the party and walked out 3 hours and 45 minutes later, full of Jesus and His Love. I can still hear those harmonies in my head. What a way to end this magnificent time.

The bottom line - God is so much bigger than anything I can think up, imagine or realize. It is not about living with your head up on the clouds but understanding that as humans we use our finite brain to figure out things we have no comprehension of and making choices based on those thoughts. I walk away from this time of rest, a new person. I plan to make this time of rest, a habit. I see the value of making this a part of my life. Not sure what it will look like for me - we will see. Thank you Jesus, thank you...