twenty five dollars...

2 weeks ago - first day of swim lessons.

Me - Gage, if you go down the slide this year, I will give you five dollars.

Gage - seven dollars

Me - ok, seven dollars and twenty five dollars if you go down the high dive.

I had already made a five dollar deal with Morgan. She was highly confident about going down the slide. If I was a betting woman, this was the one I thought I would have to pay off. Although Gage LOVES money, he is not one to be pushed into anything. He is like his nana, loves a sure thing.

Keaton had been listening to our highly charged negotiations and wanted a piece of the the action so I told him, twenty five dollars if you go down the high dive. I didn't stop to count up how much I would be out and not sure how to explain to poppa that he would be eating mac and cheese for the week because I didn't exactly budget for the potential thirty seven dollar bill I might have to pay.

The first Friday went pretty well went as I expected except for Miss M. She was so confident all week about going down the slide and when she got there and looked up, she was done. It looked like her slide days were over. The boys stayed away and the money prize was the farthest thing from their mind.

The second Friday was the final day of swim lessons and it was Fun Friday and the last day to take nana up on her offer. All classes played with the dreaded, potential jumping at the end.



Miss M got this far and came right back down. She was no longer interested.

Gage had an inner war going on with himself the whole time - he didn't want to miss out on cash but just couldn't bring himself to slide down.



I was sure Keaton wasn't going to take me up on my offer. After everyone had gone one round of jumping, here he comes. He starts climbing up the ladder and is really, really thinking about it. Later, I would later ask him what made him jump? what was he thinking?



He replied, Twenty five dollars.