common sense really ain't that common...



So I am at a stop light with this guy and I just have to pull out my camera. We are at a major intersection - no 25 MPH here. I realize it is warm out already and I imagine it is pretty hot under that helmet but does one really wear shorts to compensate for the heat overload?

I had to laugh because I think this is how many of us do life on an everyday basis. We see the benefit of protecting parts of ourselves but completely miss the boat, in other areas of same said life.

Common sense is vital to our lives, I am throughly convinced and those who lack it truly are handicapped. Common sense can take you places that higher education can't even get close to. With me, there is never a question of which road to take, CS is the only way for me. Even in a setting, like a medical office where more expertise could be helpful - if I perceive a lack of common sense, I am out of there. I have lived too many horror Stories to trust the medical community. I am following a blog now that just has confirmed that not much has changed. Nurses don't read charts, have no idea which patient they are treating and have no qualms about not double checking charts to make sure. This is not about education or a degree - it's about common sense and for us, to know when to run away.

There are other Stories this week that come with the same danger. One in the education field, several in the food industry. The lack of common sense shows no favoritism, and is an equal opportunity sense - available to all, just for the taking.

Enjoy this last holiday weekend of the summer. Hope you have some great summer fun! Don't forget the sunscreen and some common sense - you are going to need them both...