listen carefully...



It started out slowly, then more and more. Sirens in a succession of harmonius wails. Firmly entrenched in my blog reading, slow to notice but then the rising pitch grabs your attention and sounds like a symphony of sirens.They seem to be blasting in HD from all different directions, all at the same time, heading to the same place.

You take a few seconds and then realize, where ever they are going, you will know about on the news at noon. Sounds like all of our city's finest are on their way to save the day. I hope they can.

As I continue to listen for the different pitches and musical riffs, I can tell that fire, ambulance and police cars will soon be emerging on a scene. While ambulance chasing is in my blood in my younger days, now I prefer to drop what I am doing and pray.

I pray for those who needed the help, those giving the help and those on the road, to get out of the way. Seconds count and if help was on it's way to someone in your family, I imagine you would want them to get there as fast as they could,

It is completely quiet now. Quiet and eery.

Did they get there in time? Is everyone alright? Is it my family? Is it one of the responders family?

Yesterday not far from DD's house, a young father picked up his 8 month old baby from his estranged wife for the day. He called her throughout the day, threatening to end his life. Late in the evening, the police did a welfare check and found the father had ended his and his baby's life. May God have mercy on them.

This is the world we live it. Some days are better than others. Most days, it will be Somebody else's turn but Someday, one day - it will be our turn. The call will come and tragedy will knock on our door.

Here's the thing. When it is my turn, I would love to think that there were those who heard the ambulances and responders and started praying immediately for all of us. I would to also think that they continued to pray when it got quiet and scary. Especially then. For all those involved and those who be become involved, involuntarily.

It is still quiet. No repeating sounds of medical rescue heading back to the hospital. I hope that is a good sign. Would love if there was a All Clear noise, Thank you - all is good, Nothing to see here...

Back to my blog reading. So until the next time...and there will be a next time because we live in this world, for now. The noise will continue, the grief will continue and we do what we can...