Gage and John...



Last Sunday, we had a sleepover with Gage. We took him to church - the one he grew up in and always insists is HIS church. He loves that there is a library that you can check out books - not sure what the other attractions are but he is a boy who doesn't like change so going to a church near his home was a big deal for him.

We packed up up crayons and color books and I got to say, he was perfect. He stood the whole time we were singing and now that he can read, even joined it. Once the Church Guy started preaching, Gage was involved in his coloring and stayed that way thru the whole sermon. But before the sermon, the preacher called up a young man who had joined the Marines and was leaving that week, We prayed for the young man and PJ asked for any current or retired Marines to especially take this kid under their wings, Keep him in prayer and maybe even send some encouragement his way.

It was at that time that Gage looked up from his coloring, handed me a piece of paper and told me to write down the Marines name. I did, gave him back the paper and he folded in a few times, put it with his stuff and started coloring again - without missing a beat. His mommy was telling me yesterday that Gage has been praying for this Marine all week. The kids are asked to prayer for themselves and others. Gage found his and now he has his whole family praying for this young Marine.

I don't know how God works but I know it is alot like Gage who I don't understand either. If you had of ask me, I would have said he told you than he was listening to anything going on that morning. After church in the car, he asked about Marines and what exactly they do. It is amazing what we are paying attention to even when those around think otherwise.

I don't know how long John will be on Gage's radar but knowing Gage, it could be while. The young Marine will never know about a 7 year old boy who has his back. I don't understand how God works but I think it is a lot like Gage and John. Actually, this must exactly how He works...