sometimes, you get lucky...



As I waited for my lunch date yesterday, I pulled out my camera to see if I could make lemonade from lemons. Placed in a booth that was not photo friendly, I decided to make the best of it, certain that I couldn't shoot anything worth keeping. With that attitude and because the only option was to shoot up, I started with the window right next to me.

Trying to see past all the the reasons why it was a lost cause to shoot, all I could see were the the things that would get in the way. Always try to take at least one keeper when at the Brick, just one. I shot a few, trying to shoot around people and room dividers and high chairs. My lunch date showed up and the picture thing left my mind. Forgot about it until I got home.

Went through 5 photos and came to this one. SOOC with a little brightness and sunflare. I was in love. It made my day and changed my attitude. There were even a few others that I didn't see as potential keepers but with a little bit of work, will make the Life folder.

Starting last month, I had designated a photo Life folder. No people, just slices of Life, Reminders of how Life really is versus how I see it sometimes. If it is true that Sometimes you just get lucky, it is also true that Sometimes, you make your own luck but aren't smart enough to know it...