temporary...



I don't mind being a temp, she told me. It reminds me of my priorities. StoryPeople.

What an interesting perspective. We are only here for a short time, no matter what your belief system is. That is a cold, hard fact. If you consider yourself, just passing through - it will make a difference how you live your life. If you think, this is all there is, it will also be reflected in every choice you make. I have lived in both camps but associate more closely with the Short Time camp. I am choosing to believe that this is not all there is, there is more coming. When I lived in the other camp, my thoughts and feelings were completely different. A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place. Denial be dammed, press ahead and go for the gusto. GRAB THE GOLDEN RING! You only have this one chance.

Every time we make a choice, what we choose will depend on which camp we most closely resemble. Every time Something Bad happens, how we react - will be determined by our belief that this life is temporary or all there is. I am grateful that I have been able to experience both ways of thinking - it gives me a equal perspective, a more balanced way of living my life. Again, it very rarely gets any better than that.