this week...



Most of us start our weeks with lists of penciled-in activities for the 7 days to come. There are knowns and then we fill in the rest of the blanks with the unknowns. Snow was not on my To Do list this morning but there is was. First surprise of the week.

There is a concert for Gage tomorrow night and the last of basketball on Friday and Saturday. I love the knowns. They are straight forward, you know what to expect and plan accordingly. It suits me perfectly. The unknowns. That, is where I run into trouble.

Had wonderful, unexpected coffee time conversation today. A complete surprise that made my day. Like most of life, it is the unknowns that challenge, delight and frighten us the most. Anything that takes us off our beaten paths, has the potential to, throw us. Some are better than others at going with the flow. I do better at focusing on the 24 hours ahead of me, instead of carrying around the 7 days of the week but find that more often than not, that is my default. Would be just as easy to pick up each day's suitcase and the others, as needed. Just like exercise, do better to just focus on today and not worry about Wednesday or Thursday's workout.

Whatever your week looks like, I wish you a good one. A wonderful mix of knowns and unknowns and the ability to flow through each of them. With a couple of suprises throw in, enjoy each and every minute...