piriformis syndrome...


It was exactly a year ago today. I knew what the pain was as soon as it came on. I had experienced the same thing 3 years early.

I knew it would last months, would require cold packs and back exercises. I was ready. But after four month, no relief. In fact, it got worse and the very worse, was yet to come. I gave up my beloved scrapbbooking and learn to lay on my side. Sitting was at a minimum and for many months, non existant. At the 6 month mark, it moved to unbearable.

So after an ER visit, four trips to the doctor, three to the chiroprator and $6000.00 in pending charges, I find myself on the first anniversary - contemplating all these things and still having pain. My saving grace has come in the form of Miss Shelly, my massage therapist and we are... working it out. Rolling on a tennis ball inbetween visits, I am finally able to see some results. The pain is now isolated yet constant.

If you have ever had acute physical pain, you know of what I speak. IT has been a time of tremedous personal growth, physical pain always gets your attention first. Interestingly enough, it came at a time that I can really relate to Miss Brianna and what she is going through. Anytime pain can bring you down, really down, it doesn't matter what causes it. You are more than ready to throw in the towel at any given moment, Just make it stop. You want relief and you want it now.

So Happy Anniversary PS! It has been quite a year and I hope however long we are together, the lesson is learned once and for all. Sorry you don't like the tennis ball, fight back all you want - I am on to you. Today is a good day and I can see clearly enough to thank you for this journey. The ebbs and flows of everyday life. Some days are better than others. Some are way worse, we can't wait for them to be over and see if the sunrise will bring something, anything new. Hope is our greatest asset, and today, I am ready to go, again...