bird's eye view...





I love taking pictures from above and until last week, didn't know that this kind of photography actually had a name - bird's eye view. I know some of the pros will stand up on a ladder or step stool and have their client look up - is a popular shot. Those shots are nice but I see it a little differently. I don't care to see faces. Maybe because it is more of an artistic shot - one that doesn't show a face but still tells a Story.

It all gives me a view of what it could look like looking down from the heavens. I wish I had a shot of Joseph and Mary and their baby with all the animals and visitors. I can only imagine what it would look like. Mary's hands tenderly holding her new baby in a strange place. Maybe we could see Joseph shaking hands with the Wise Men as he welcomed them to his make-shift, temporary home. While we may not see the faces of his parents, we probably would get a glimpse of the baby. I imagine we would never be able to pick him out of a crowd - there would be nothing outstanding about him. No glow or semblance of a crown in sight - just a baby, doing baby things.

Maybe faith is like living with a bird's eye view - you might now see specifics but you get the picture. What you see tells the whole Story, the Story as we need to know it. YOu may be missing out of some of the details but it doesn't distract from the real story. When I take these shots, I get on my tip-toes, put the camera over my head, hover around whoever I am shooting and start clicking away. There is no focusing or using the rule of thirds, just shooting from the hip and the seat of your pants. Not a bad way to take a picture or live your life...