Ding dong, Avon calling...

DH brought the newspaper in the other morning and included was a little present from the Avon lady. I have no idea who she is but have her email address if I need her.

Avon, reminds me of my high school days. I would have spent every dollar I had on Avon products. It seemed like we got brochures every week - what are they called, Ah, campaigns, that's it. The one I received says we are on Campaign 25 - 26 which tells me that they actually come every two weeks. I can't remember if we always got two - 1 large brochure and 1 small one.

The small one is 14 pages and aimed at apparently those who need flip-flops this time of year. One page of clogs, a couple of shoes with matching purses and a lot of flip-flops. Maybe we have a large demographic of cruise people. There was a page of slippers but I already have mine for the winter. Actually, several pair - in case these that I have on wear out.

The large brochure has 196 pages. 196! How in the world would one find time every 2 weeks to read through this? I remember that the Skin So Soft were pretty much toward the front of the book - they don't even appear until page 178! In fact, between make-up, perfume and other lotiony products, they only make up 81 pages. The other 115 pages are devoted to stuff you can buy at Walmart. There is jewelry, coffee cups and more slippers. Cherished Teddies, Snowbabies, the M&M guys, Harley Davidson and the NFL also make a showing. Dora, Diego, Spiderman, Pokeman, the Disney Princesses and the ever lasting Hannah Montana are a part of this 115 page extravaganza. It is making my head hurt and to do this every 2 weeks!!!

I hope my new Avon lady doesn't come a calling. I am afraid I will have to watch out for her and not answer my door if she shows up. Even though I understand that Skin So Soft is FABulous for mosquito bits, I'll just pick up some OFF at Walmart the next time I need some. It seemed so much easier when I was a kid...