a child shall lead them...



If the true Christmas Story starts with a small child, this will certainly be a different take on that Story. He was known as the kid with the hat all evening. He had a slow start but since he had backed up, you knew what was coming. He brought his A game and no one was disappointed. Our SIL's aunt leaned over to my DH and told him, He must get that from your side of the family. I could not be prouder...

He is a lively child. Paul and Kim - you KNOW what I am taking about. Last Sunday, I was trying to get some video of Hollie and Robyn singing Oh Holy Night and Gage was doing his best to distract me. What I didn't know is that he was entertaining some of the people around us. Tickling me and making faces were his modes of choice and I would give him the Look, and he would just grin - now you can see why.

Not the traditional Christmas song nor moves but this is Christmas 2007 to me. Not the Wise men but Chuck Berry is a great substitute. He had been practicing and we didn't know until he started if he would pull it off but he was more than ready. This is what he had waited for. He told everyone he had to move backwards so he wouldn't hurt anyone - a soft spot for his fellow school mates.

We do not expect this at the church Christmas program this Sunday - what I really expect is some eye-rolling but if he does let loose - I hope people are paying attention. They may learn Something...