spring cleaning...



So under the heading of spring cleaning, I had a conversation a while ago and the questions was, If you had to choose, which would you rather be lose - sight or hearing.

I have had this conversation with myself at least million times. My heart tells me that the loss of music would be unbearable. My mind tells me that to lose sight would feel fatal. Not been able to see who is coming my way, or who's way I would be crossing, is a big deal for me. So, reluctantly I would say I would voluntarily lose my hearing. Until this conversation.

My debate companion also had a particular choice with just as strong sentiments as mine and her choice was the opposite of mine. She thought it would be intolerable to be alone with her thoughts. I was floored.

My thoughts for the most part, comfort me. I value their opinions especially when they speak, one at a time. There are days when one just screams and screams in my ear and will not stop! Those days, not so much but for the most part, we are great friends.

I imagine our reasons come from the same place, deep inside the human brain. Fears real and that we carry with us everyday. Would love to say that once you discover them that all they need is a quick sweep to send them packing but it just doesn't happen that way. It takes work, hard work to rid our heads of all the dirt and cobwebs that take up valuable brain space. For each of us, it will take a lifetime of sweeping and cleaning, the job will never be finished. There will always be Spring Cleaning to do be down - it is just the way it is...