never again...




A few months ago, on my way to see the kids, I am going down a back country road and as I whizz by, I see it. A horse and mule kissing. I kid you not. I did not stop. I knew I should but decided to move on. It was a mistake. Later on, I was kicking myself and vowed, never again.

Yesterday morning on the way to soccer, we passed this mailbox and I remembered, never again - made DH go back and get the shot. The deal is, if I see it and know it - I go back. No questions asked, consider it a done deal.

How might the landscape of my life change, if it was I incorporated this theology in other areas of my life? Or if the areas where this concept is alive and well, perhaps aren't as alive and well as I suppose? We all have black and white lines and in some ways, they do change over the years. Life changes and we must change with it. After a few years, one starts to see the validity of change. Never again may be a horse of a different color. It is more like a line that is drawn in the sand. Adds a new perspective, a new normal to one's life... All of that to say, I knew today - that we were turning around and we did. I listened and obeyed. Oh vey, if that was always the case...