I do...



There are two events that bring us into the Moment, in a real way, real fast. Weddings and funerals. I love them both.

Will save the whole funeral experience for another post but suffice it to say, I do love funerals. DH says I may be the only one. I am good with that.

A wedding will take you back to yours. Or your best friend's or your second cousin. even with all the culture changes, they follow a basic pattern. Get married, and party. The colors are different, there may or not be a tradional cake, and the music may be sweet and romantic or funky and loud. Dpending on how we are attached to said bride or groom, will set the tome for how many people we may know. There may be much catching up to do, or you may find yourself, alone.

We all adapt. At this wedding, I knew few people and was surprisingly, chatty. Made frieds with a sports agent and we were chatting I mentioned a blog post by Donald Miller last week about the twenty-something generation and he immediately, got on his phone and directed his attention to that post. One does experience different conversations in direct preportion to how well you know the crowd. You either find your way or stand aside. This wedding was all about football players. They were a joy to watch, like watching a bunch of jr boys except they were all huge and very, very well-dressed.

But just like my own wedding, there was a bride, groom, cake and people. Mine was much smaller which makes it tough to hide, like one of my DH's friend's and his wife who misread the invitation and showed up the night after the wedding. I do or did, indeed...