Fathers Day...



Growing up in my house, parents were in two catagories, evil and the lesser of evil. My father was the lesser and understand that the lesser evil is still, evil. I can not relate to all the mushy stories about fathers and love and trust and caregiving. Not until that is, I look at my favorite son-in-law. I don't know how any child could go wrong with the love I see him lavish on my grandchildren.

When they were little, he went to every doctor appointment and has missed very few since all three kids were born. He is strict when he has to be, encouraging every day and shows his love everywhere. They might grumble and complain about the rules, now that they are older but not a one of them would deny that his love, surrounds him. The idea of God being a father figure, must have been easy for them to grasp. It was much tougher for me. I had no reference point and the ones I had were, unspeakable. I really thought that every day went on dates with underwear in a paper bag, in case they got lucky. My mormal wasn't and it took many, more years for me to grow up and see what a real father looks like.

Wherever this Fathers Day takes you, I hope it is a good one. Good memories, good Stories and if they are still around, a call or a visit. If not, look around and see if there are fathers out there that could bring the concept of God to you, firsthand. That is my Fathers Day wish for each of us...