mojo...



My mojo has been on high alert for the last week. With my three photo shoots last week, it kicked into high gear and has continued on into this week. I was checking out frames at Target, waiting to meet the kids at Costco for lunch when I turned and headed for the end of the isle and saw this. I have never bought a canvas - never have I been as attracted to something made of fabric and paint but this, I couldn't leave the store without it - Thank God, my birthday is next month - would have been difficult to justify it in the grocery budget.

I am not sure I would have seen it if it wasn't for the mojo thing. I read Cathy Zielze's blog a few weeks back about having certain tools for a season. Life tools, in particular she was talking about all the times she tried to diet and it just didn't work. This time, she had some new tools and it is working better. I think she may be on to Something. The first thing I thought about was 11 years ago when 13 of us started a church.

When I look back, those tools that I had then are no longer with me or my DH. They truly were seasonal to get us thru. We had no idea what we were doing but as we stepped up the the plate, God gave us what we needed. Four of us went to California to pick up some things they were donating to get us started. I heard my husband preach what turned out to be a sermon in front of complete strangers. The three of us were flabbergasted. He has not done it since.

I wound up playing the tambourine and had the time of my life. I loved our Saturday night practices and Sunday mornings were a blast. When the congregation grew to several hundred, it was time to move on. Today over 1000 people show up every week - there is no way I could play now. The point is, I had the tools to do it when I needed it.

It puts life in a different perspective. When this creative thing came my way, I didn't understand that it would be intermittent. I thought if one was creative - it would come everyday and maybe, in some small way it does and I just don't recognize it. It is not about producing but it is all about the process.

The canvas is on the wall in my office. It is perfect. I had already planned to have one of my favorite sayings made into wall art - Sally Jean says, Sometimes - there was a storm in her brain. She also reminds me about the emotion of the dry times of creativity, If I don't make art soon, I'm going to have a hissy fit. How true, how true. For however long this season of mojo is here, I am going to make the most of it, How great would life be if we lived a little everyday? I plan to find out...