what did I learn today...



Morning Joe is where I tend to get my early morning news every morning. They took the Don Imus slot, which still is near and dear to my heart. They are not the place to find good humor but sometimes, you take what you can get. One thing I do like is at the end of their 3 hours stint, they finish with a What did I learn today? segment.

It is a good idea, Each of us should be learning Something every day. If you aren't, you are missing out. We should be better people tomorrow than today - I don't believe anyone who couldn't find something over a 24 hour period, that they didn't know before. I am considering make a list and every month, as I look over the list - checking to see what has stuck. What changes have I made in my life because of Something I have learned in the last 30 days?

Today's lesson came early in the day. I had some issues with the facility where my FIL is living. I thought it was my paranoia raising it's ugly head but my DH suggested that I give people too much credit. That is wasn't payback but incompetence that fueled this week's issues. He always tells me I am too smart for my own good and this leads to more issues - and he is so right. However, I will remember today's lesson when the next Sick Poppa issue comes up and it will. I wasted too much time today trying to figure it out and make it all right.

Tomorrow's lesson will be completely different but I have to be open and watch for them. Somedays, these lessons will come out of left field, but will be no less important. I will end each day with Something to take to begin, tomorrow but I ca't help but praying that tomorrow's lesson has some smiling involved...