the 70's...

I started out in 1970 by getting a job. In 1971, I got married and by mid 1973, I was a mommy. The 70's were very good to me.

At the age my daughter is now, she has a 9, 6 and 3 year old. When I was her age, I had a freshman in high school. Maybe that is why it seems like my generation grew up faster than the generations that followed. My generations said you will have all your kids by age 25, at the very latest. So we grew up fast. We became adults faster. By 45, kids were married or in college. Baby Boomers, who knew.

My husband has had hsi little blue comb, forever. I am talking high school and he graduated in 1966. A few weeks ago, he said he lost the The Comb. You're kidding, I said. I felt bad. The little blue comb had been around longer than me. I have watched him use that comb at our daughter's wedding and his dad's funeral.
He probably used it the day we got married and I would bet he had it in his hands the day our daughter was born. How do you keep a comb for almost 40 years? The same way you put up with me for 37 years.

The 70's was about growing up and doing it quickly. We learned well and it is serving us pretty good now. Earlier this week, DH says, Guess what I found? Instantly I said, The Comb. Funny, I was pretty happy that it came back.

The kids got Bob and Larry's Hits of the 70/80. We were listening to it today as we drove around town. Listening to the kids sing the songs that are so familiar to me and now them, put a big smile on my face. Thanks for the memories, 70's. We all know you so rock!