endings...



endings from Zalaine Dille on Vimeo.
It may seems strange to start a week with an ending but it seems very natural today.
Most of us start our mornings with as much gusto as we can muster up and often end the day, in complete chaos. We feel bad, say we are going to do better tomorrow or next week or when the kids leave or most certainly, when we retire. We are tired, worn out and the last thing we have time for is a perfect ending. I am here to tell you, it will always be this way.

It dawned on me this morning as I waited for Pastor Jim's ending prayer, how much I look forward to it. I know it almost, word for word and it brings me to a place to start the new week.

And now, to Him who is able to do immeasureably more than all we ask or even imagine,
According to His Power, that is at work within us, to Him be Glory in the church.
both now and forever more...And all God's people said...Amen.
It flows from his mouth and heart and because he has repeated it so many times, it fits him like a pair of well-worn shoes.

I loved what he read today. I love that he talked about committing to memory those things we need to hear the most. The things I need to hear at the end of the day. The things I need to hear. I want something that no matter what the day has brought, will end in thankfulness. This prayer would be a great way to do just that. Endings... we all look forward to beginning but endings, not so much. Maybe it is time to change that...