SNL...



Every year about this time, my ongoing love for Saturday Night Live kicks into high gear. These masters have managed to make politics not only palatable but downright enjoyable. The season premiere this weekend with Tina Fey as Sarah Palin was pure genius.

When I heard that John McCann had picked her as his VP, my first thought was Hillary. What was she thinking! I couldn't help it - I giggled like a school girl imagining her reaction. Amy Poehler could not have been more perfect as Hillary. SNL goes where most are terrified to attempt. To see these two at the podium is a dream we will never see except on NBC on Saturday night. If comedy is the most sincere form of flattery, what kudos those two real ladies were given.

When I see all the things on YouTube, Jib Jab and all those other people/sites following in SNL's footsteps, I can't help but think that they have been taught by the best. Those who were way ahead of their time and have made several generations now, learn the fine art of creative license. This isn't about who you are going to vote for or against. It's about how to look at ourselves and laugh. I thank you, SNL for blazing the trail and Rick Astley's for such a great song...