Nancy's Cookies...



When I found out that the farmers' market in Boise sold Nancy's Cookies, I had to go. I remember driving 15 miles for the sole purpose of obtaining these cookies. In a little shop, nestled on a large block, you could smell these things a mile away. That was probably 15 years ago and then Nancy disappeared. The Story is she sold the recipe and now there is a Mr Nancy.

While a little different than I remembered, the ginger and chocolate chip were pretty darn good. At $1.75 a piece and because they were too hard to swallow, I don't see many Nancy cookies in my future. Maybe I should have left well enough alone. The memory was so strong. They will always be my favorite cookies.

Memory is strong. Good and Bad. Sometimes I wonder if everything I remember is actually real or even true. How would it affect my life if I had real and true recall. I imagine it would make for a better life. When we hold grudges because of how we remember we were wronged, it affects our entire lives. I don't know if there is any real answer other than to be aware and open. Expectations and memory are a powerful duo, and a point of reference jump off point for many of our life experiences.

It was fun anticipating having my favorite cookie again. It made my day. It doesn't matter that life has changed and we all know, we can't go back. Besides, we will always have Boise...