life shorts...



Keaton went to a sleepover last weekend. N told him, If you like tuna fish casserole, come at 6PM. If not, come at 7

She was 60ish. Fiery, long red hair - parted down the middle, with grey roots. She came up behind me in the frozen food isle and started talking ice cream. I knew in a Moment, it was God in not so much disguise.

Gage had to apologize to his brother for breaking his toy. Later, daddy was able to fix it. Gage replies - well, that was a big waste of I'm sorry.

Walking out to my car at Walmart, I see what looked like one of those kid's jewelry bead kits that had been broken, When I got right up close to it, it was M&M vomit.

I had worked with the same group of people for 10 years before becoming a believer. As they watched my transformation which I didn't realize they were doing at the time, must have been something. I was always known as the girl who could cuss the wallpaper off the wall.

Making God over in our own image makes us more secure but it is false comfort.

Doing so appeals to my Martha side. It is comfortable and easy...until it is not.

Each of us knows hundreds of these life shorts. Some funny, some profound but all telling. They may be short, but their impact could last a lifetime...