16 days...



After school Friday, we headed out to Linder farms for some pumpkin patch action. The place was hopping and we jumped in enjoying the sweet, sweet fall weather in the midst of hayrides,a petting zoo, picking pumpkins and lots of snacks. After three hours of way too much fun, we settled in for our second round of treats. I have video footage that has made me smile big over the last few days but it would embarrass Keaton to show it so it will slip into my photo vault and will forever have a special place in my heart but here is the written version.

while mommy was getting a third round of mini donuts, Keaton started telling me about what he was learning at school. Apparently they are talking about the election in health in the fourth grade. He went on to tell me that when McCann dies in four months, Little Miss I Know Everything will come along, and do everything that he (McCann) didn't want to do. I didn't realize that this kind of thinking would come under a health class curriculum. He went on to say that Obama would lower taxes and make drugs high. Ok, now you've got my attention...

So I pose the question to each of them, If you had to vote today, who would you vote for to be the next president?

Keaton answers in a resounding tone, Obama.
Hopefully because of lowering taxes and not the drug high.

Gage is voting for The Old Man.
He is impressed by his being in jail for such a long time.
He also gives OBottom, a thumbs down.

Miss M, choses Obama - the first time.

There is a little more talk. Gage asks Keaton how many are running and Keaton explains 4, two each for president and vice-president. I've got to be honest here, I don't think I knew there was a president until high school. Politics are not discussed much at their home so it has got to be outside influences bringing all this information to them. They were telling me that Nickelodeon wanted kids to vote and they were going to do it.

The second round - I gave them a chance to change their minds, only made Keaton and Gage more sure of their choices. This time, Miss M choose The Old Man with Gage. She is an equal opportunity sister and would love to make both of them happy.

I have lots and lots of pictures documenting this wonderful fall day where we made such great memories but I have to admit, the tale of OBottom and The Old Man will stay with me for the rest of my days and when I forget, I will always have the video...