friday...



I have been a day behind all week. Sometimes it is as if my reality default has been reset. I will spend the week trying to remember what day it is and to do that, I will have to not defer to my default and just do it.

This isn't a good way to spend your week. I had chores to do and people to meet. It is ok to be in a timewarp if you are at home waiting for your hair to grow but I am a busy gal. Not really, just sometimes.

The truth is I like to keep my options open so when something comes up unexpected, I am good to go. As a kid, these unexpected times were nuts. My dad and uncle would get up on numerous Friday mornings and decided not to go to work in Long Beach but travel to Idaho instead. If it got me out of school, count me in yet I was uncomfortable with the lack of planning and with no time to be anal, there was much confusion for me.

But these are different times. There is purpose in being spontaneous and available. To drop everything and go on a moments notice can be the best thing you can do even if it looks like it is for someone else. I spent some time yesterday with a friend as we did for a friend. I wouldn't have missed the opportunity for the world. While I didn't have time to cook for DH, he more than understood and happily was munching on KFC when I got home. Not as good as yours,but it got the job done.

Nothing on my calendar for the rest of the week so I am going to go with the Friday thing. Maybe by the weekend I will have my days and nights regulated again but for now, I am just going to go with the flow. so what if I have 2 Fridays or no Saturdays. I once knew a woman who missed her 40th birthday altogether. It finally caught up to her when someone did the math and told her that what she thought was her 40th birthday was really her 41st. Happy Friday...