Christmas shopping...



Up and out of the door early Saturday morning, it was a perfect fall day. The air was crisp, it just grabbed you as you walked into its presence. No hint of warmth yet no ice-cold in sight. One who was less warm blooded might have wanted a coat but I truly was just enamoured of the perfectness of this gorgeous morning.

Christmas plans for the kids had been solidified and as we were getting one large gift, I wanted to get it now. We are looking at a layoff in 9 days of which the length is still in question so it was the perfect time and as it turned out, on the perfect day.

The woman in front of me at the check-out was in the middle of a Story when I came up. She was telling her Story of how many years ago she was trying to save money by making her own salsa. She went on to say the salsa blew up, cost her an eye and cost $22,000 - all she was trying to do was save a few bucks. I imagine if I could have spent more time with her, she would tell me that her life looked different after that experience, I know mine would. She probably doesn't try to cut as many corners now. What a Story she must have! I am so glad I got to hear some of it.

Grabbed my big gift and headed down the road to do my next errand. Again, yanked in by the crispness of the morning, I smiled when I saw the football games going on at the local middle school. I immediately pulled to the side to the side of the road, to get a shot to remind me of one of the delights of fall. Living in the Moment has given me the sight to be able to be ready for Stories when they come my way and stopping the car on a dime, to take a picture that will make me smile every time I see it. Christmas shopping in October - who would have imagined how marvelous it might be ...