quick fix...



Quick fix is mostly an oxymoron. In the midst of my week of editing photos, watching the dow and marveling at the falling price of gas - that has become painfully, obvious. If something can be fixed quickly, it is not a quick fix.

In the conversations I have had the privilege to be a part of this week, it is even more obvious. If you are in a situation and looking for the quick fix, you might better use your time to figure out how you are going to wait it out.

In the midst of editing pictures which really is painstaking love affair, you have to go one step at a time. There is no quick fix, no running up to the head of class and pushing my way in. One step is based on the step before or the next one to come. You need time to acclimatize yourself to the change that the fix will bring. I perceive that a quick fix is to restore something to its original shape/function/feeling. The original is broken and we have to fix it before mom gets home. Glue, tape, marshmellow creme - whatever it takes. The truth is once something needs fixing, there is a new reality looming close. Another chance to learn and that is no little thing.

I will take this information with me to tomorrow... and all the tomorrows that will come my way. Can't imagine that cam be anything but a quick fix...